Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Panthers Third Jersey Good, But Could Be Better

Most of my Panthers friends know my feelings on the Panthers new jersey. I personally like them and the boys look just fine with all the new colored gear. The organization was aiming for a new, different look, and that is exactly what they got.


Panthers Third Jersey

I really only have two main issues with the new jersey that bother me a little bit.

1. The FLA on the shoulder is a decent design, but the A seems so far away from the FL. Not to mention, abbreviating Florida with FLA went out of style a long time ago, even if it is still used on the score board. If the A was not there then the shoulder patch would be that much better.

2. I am really bothered by the overall fact that the people in charge of designing this jersey just didn't try. This jersey is a copy of so many that even though they went for different, it doesn't feel different except for the color scheme that doesn't match the Panthers at all.

I did a little searching on the web and came across the Springfield Falcons home jersey. For those who don't know, the Falcons are an American Hockey League team. Take a look and tell me if this looks like something the Panthers might be wearing.


For shame jersey designer(s), for shame.

Yours truly knows his way around Photoshop pretty well, so I decided to mess with some color combination's and see just what could have been. I came up with three that I personally like and wouldn't have minded seeing in place of the new thirds. But, I am interested to see what you all think.

I will host a poll for one week to see if you guys like one of my designs, or the actual third.

Also, if anyone has their own design of the Panthers third jersey feel free to send them my way, I would love to see what others have and will even post them up if I get enough.

Anyway, here are my concepts:



I just want to stress again that I do like the new thirds. If I didn't like them I wouldn't have one hanging in my closet as I type this. These are just some ideas on how I think they could have done better while still going with a different look.

As always, you can find the poll at the upper right of the page.

If anyone has any questions or comments you can post them on SSH's facebook page or send them to FloridaFlyer86@hotmail.com

I also wanted to let you folks know that since the issues with the comments section of this site have not been resolved I am looking at other hosts that having working pages. I want to give my readers the best page I possibly can and Blogger.com is just not allowing that.

0 comments: